Carpentry & Maintenance Engineer
The Local Church
Class: Exempt (Full time/Salaried)
Reports to: Facilities Manager
OVERVIEW OF ACCOUNTABILITIES:
At the direction of the Facilities Manager, performs upkeep tasks such as repairs and carpentry to ensure overall cleanliness of the church facilities. Responsible for applying basic fixes to equipment and building systems, ensuring facilities are tidy and functional and fulfilling ministry related carpentry needs.
- Perform minor fixes and repairs under the direction of the Facilities Manager.
- Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues.
- Occasionally install appliances and equipment.
- Provide basic grounds maintenance support.
- Routine maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs, restocking supplies etc.
- Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarm).
- Assists in building security, locking all doors and shutting off interior lights as directed.
- Notifies Facilities Manager of need to order supplies or need for repairs.
- Assist in daily setup and break down of events when necessary.
- Perform duties related to special events when needed.
- Fulfill facilities carpentry needs.
- Being reliable with a keen eye for detail.
- Live a Christian life following Christian conduct.
- An understanding of and commitment to The Local Church’s Vision, Mission, Values and DNA. The Local Church must be your home church while employed.
- Must be flexible with hours and job responsibilities.
- Proven experience in a similar position.
- Basic knowledge of hand tools, HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
- Carpentry skills.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position.
- Mature and well organized.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org