Event Support & Custodial Engineer
The Local Church
Class: Exempt (Full time/Salaried)
Reports to: Facilities Manager
OVERVIEW OF ACCOUNTABILITIES:
At the direction of the Facilities Manager, performs upkeep tasks cleaning to ensure overall cleanliness of the church facilities. Responsible for the facilities visual appearance and providing all event support.
- Perform facility cleaning activities i.e. dusting, mopping, vacuuming, sanitizing, etc.
- Perform minor fixes and repairs under the direction of the Facilities Manager.
- Garden/Grounds Keeping by mowing lawn, collecting trash and palm branches, etc.
- Perform duties related to special events.
- Provide staff presence at all off hours events.
- Secure building following all off hours events.
- Check functionality of safety systems (i.e. fire alarm).
- Notifies Facilities Manager of need to order supplies or need for repairs.
- Assist in daily setup and break down of events.
- Being reliable with a keen eye for detail.
- Live a Christian life following Christian conduct.
- An understanding of and commitment to The Local Church’s Vision, Mission, Values and DNA. The Local Church must be your home church while employed.
- Must be flexible with hours and job responsibilities.
- Proven experience in similar position.
- Basic knowledge of hand tools, HVAC, and lawn equipment, etc.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position.
- Mature and well organized.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org