The Local Church
Class: Exempt (Full time/Salaried)
Reports to: Lead Pastor
The Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative support to the Lead Pastor and the designated Ministry Director(s).
OVERVIEW OF ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Provides high-level administrative support and assistance to the Lead Pastor. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Performing clerical and administrative tasks including drafting letters, copying sermon notes, preparing memos, reports, expense reports and other documents.
- Arranging travel and accommodations, as needed.
- Scheduling/attending meetings on the Lead Pastor’s behalf as needed, taking notes and recording minutes.
- Receiving incoming communication on behalf of the Lead Pastor, reviewing contents, determining importance, and summarizing/distributing contents to the appropriate team members.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the Lead Pastor, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Performing various administrative office tasks, including preparing meetings, communications, maintaining a busy meeting schedule, pulling metric reports, and more.
- Greeting and hosting guests of the Lead Pastor, preparing welcome gifts, and exemplifying the culture of the church in your interactions.
- Support of the Lead Pastor as President of the Board of Directors.
- Using discretion when communicating, leading, and facilitating meetings, understanding that confidential information will need to be distributed responsibly.
- Additionally, provides administrative support for the Culture + Connections Director. (Job Description Attached)
- Proven ability and commitment to maintain the utmost confidence of church information.
- Shared values with The Local Church‘s culture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Extensive knowledge of office administration and clerical procedures.
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
- At least five years of related experience required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org